Sunday, August 26, 2007

Return to nature

Hello all,

I'm sorry that I have not recently updated this blog, sitting in my apartment looking at the classifieds does not help my creativity. But, I spent a few days up in Bracebridge so I was able to wander around getting a few photos. Its always nice to get back to the nature that Toronto doesn't provide (unless by nature you mean the very interesting crazies that live here).
Heres a pretty good one of a toad I found in the woods. After the fact, I was pretty angry at myself for not seeing the leaf in the foreground that gives the right hand corner a greenish blur. But hey, Im learning, and maybe you wouldn't have even noticed had I not pointed it out.


Similar to the Chipmunk photo posted earlier, I think this is a text book picture of a Red Squirrel (Tamiasciurus hudsonicus). It froze in terror for a few minutes, which allowed me to play with the settings on my camera
A damselfly, I wish I could have brought out the colours in the eyes a little more, they are bright blue (if you cant tell in the photo)
Tomorrow I will post a nice sequence of a sparrow fledgling I found that was putting its mom to work.

No comments: