Saturday, April 25, 2009

The beginning of the photo dump

I don't know whether its the heat, or the dishwashing, but I'm feeling only slightly inspired to write long tomes about the station (perhaps you can go back and read about my last trip here, not much has changed). This may end up being more of a photo blog, with only small captions. I figure the 2 or so people that are reading this won't mind :)


Denise spending some time with the resident mule deer Mickey. When I was at the station last time, there was a mule deer named Molly. Apparently she was eaten by a mountain lion (yes, there are mountain lions here, sorry Mom. ) but she had given birth to Mickey. He likes to hang around the station for the apples.


Yer standard cactus, cept without the spikes. I think these ones are edible.


A striped plateau lizard perhaps? These things are like squirrels or pigeons. Meaning they're everywhere and eventually you stop noticing them.

Its an awesome time of year to be in these mountains, cacti are beginning to flower and they add such a nice colour to the landscape

There are sycamore trees that run along the creek near the station. I'll try and get a photo later of a whole tree

No comments: