Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Day Two of Gaspe: The Drive

So, as mentioned, I spent the second day of riding, riding in the support car. It was a pretty good decision on my part, as this section of the ride was incredibly hilly. Now that Im looking through my photos, most of the days have blurred together, so I may have included a few from other days, but not that you care really. So, onwards.

The day before, we had been caught in the rain, having set our cycling shoes outside, they began to mist.
The road through the inland, I think this hill was about a 11% grade. Notice the huge windmills in the background

A close-up of the windmills, in some areas they just cover the hills

A Black Guillemot, a sea bird that is pretty common in the area. They have bright red feet and nest in the rock faces

I stopped at a rest station to get a few shots, this was a beatiful area, with the ocean coming into the inland and forming a lake.



I drove 4km on a dirt road to see a historic Marconi site. Sadly, all the tours were in French (which Im not so bad at understanding, but no so much as to get a whole tour). So that trip wasnt very eventfull, but I did get a good photo of a Spruce Grouse. So there you go.


I realize that because I drove the entire day, I have many photos to share. I will post some more tomorrow.

No comments: