Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Desert Nights

The other night was a beautiful one here, the clouds were just perfect for an excellent sunset. Denise and I threw back dinner and headed down the mountain about 7 miles to the desert in time to catch it. I had spent some time on Foothills road before and knew that it was a really neat place; typical desert and no cattle fences, so you are able to wander. We also played around a bit with some night photography, I'm looking forward to the full moon

The mountains opposite the sun, big sky

The gravel road from whence we came


Octotillo and the moon


One of the many spiky things found in the desert, displayed in a poetic manner (still hurts when it jams into your leg though)


The sun slowly descends

I remember this plant has very nice flowers in late May, but I have no idea whats its called


After the sun went down, we played with an LED light and long exposures, Denise stands still for 15 steamboats.



Tee-hee...

No comments: