Thursday, May 21, 2009

National Monument Poetic Style

Yesterday, with a shared day off, we headed to the Chiricahua monument. I had been last time I was in AZ, and was happy to be heading there again. Ancient volcanic activity and erosion has left tall pillars of rock that cover the mountain sides, which gives you a very awesome and eerie feeling. We decided to go on one of the long hikes, which was great as I got to walk along the Heart of Rocks trail, which I had no been on before. It takes you up amongst all the hoodoos.

I was looking forward to taking some photos, but it was a cloudy/rainy day which is perfect for hiking, but not perfect for making your photos look cheery. So, I will rely on the greyscale to make my photos appear artsy and deep.

Denise walks amongst some hoodoos in the Heart of Rocks

Attempting to wreck the landscape. But doesn't it look poetic in black and white?


We borrowed a jeep to head over the mountain and back. This is one of the few times Denise didn't have a grin on her face while driving :) Yeehaw!

No comments: