Sunday, May 3, 2009

The last few days

We've been spending a fair bit of time walking through the forest (I've accelerated from couch to 4 miles/day in under two weeks), and now that we are the only volunteers, Denise and I are on permanent dish duty for the next few days until the reinforcements arrive. But, I digress,
random photos!

As a gift to myself, I purchased a remote shutter release, so I've been playing with a few night shots. In the next few days the moon will be full, so I'm hoping to get out and do some more when the light is bright. These are the solar powered lamps that run along the pathway through the station

A little fun with 'light painting' and my headlamp. Used to illuminate the trees (with a shutter speed of 90 steamboats)


This Wild Turkey says "gobble gobble gobble" in a slowly descending tone, translated to "heyyyyy ladies"

An Arizona Sister butterfly



Sadly, I just couldn't get this one in focus as much as I would have liked. These are ants tending to aphids. They actually care for the aphids, feeding them. In turn, the ants eat the honeydew (sugary poop) that the aphids produce. Yay commensalism!

No comments: