Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Night Moves II

More fun with long exposures and pretty lights. With the full moon and a clear sky, we headed down to the desert to catch the sunset/moonrise.

Not bad, for a moon. But hazy unfortunately.

The moon a little higher, with a longer exposure. (the funky lines around the moon are due to compression of the file size, but looks kinda funky no?)

My zen friend


Me, not as zen, but cool, which is equally important

Denise had the idea to play with some backlighting. Having looked at the photo I think we should have kept playing with the idea, it makes a pretty neat effect


And finally, what I think of as the coolest photo of the whole evening, the horse we rode in on (lovingly known as Padiddle). Denise sat in the car holding a light stick (she's the best and most flexible assistant a photographer could have, willing to jam herself into uncomfortable places for effect) and I shone red light on the head lights. This is a 40 something steamboat exposure


Grrrrr

1 comment:

Hawkeye said...

We uncovered Padiddle's alter ego - Padiddletron!

I don't think anyone has referred to me as zen and flexible, but I'll take it.

- Your happy and willing assistant