Monday, May 21, 2007

Feeding and flyiing

Apologies for not posting something earlier today. I may have mentioned, but we have a large number of hummingbird nesting sites to measure. We're doing vegetation transects, which is basically counting and measuring the number of trees and shrubs within an 8m radius circle. Sounds exciting doesn't it? So, thats what I did all afternoon, rather than taking photos. I will however, post two photos I took yesterday. I worked on hummingbird banding again yesterday morning, and I thought I would include a picture of a Magnificent Hummingbird male being fed before release. Because banding is often stressful for the little guys, and their energy demands are so high, banders make sure to feed them before they let them go. By the way, that white around their eyes is not actually their eyeball, only a marking. It does make them look like they are wigging out however.



The second photo I am including is just pretty, with no description. A dragonfly.




No comments: