Friday, May 25, 2007

Lizard poses

Hello everyone,

I had only a short time to get out and get some photos today, as I had dishes in the morning and at lunch. At least the cook, Robert, who is in from Wednesday until Sunday keeps me entertained. Thats about the only fun part of doing dishes. The afternoon was occupied with vegetation surveys. But, I did finally get some decent shots of lizards. Lizards, I have found, are difficult to photograph as they are always sunning themselves in direct light, which makes photos ugly and cold looking. But this one, a Yarrow's spiny lizard was kind enough to pause for me. These lizards are everywhere, you always hear them running away through the underbrush wherever you walk.


Tomorrow may also be a late posting, as its more pool painting. The folks that have so kindly funded the pool reconstruction will be arriving next week, so we want it to look pretty! All volunteers will be on deck with rollers and brushes. I will try and post later on tomorrow evening.

No comments: