Tuesday, June 12, 2007

As promised, a predator!

Hello everyone,

Because of the cloudy weather yesterday, I ventured once again down to the desert to see if I could catch another sunset. It was a bit too cloudy, though I did come up with some nice photos. When the sunset was past its prime, I stood for about 5 minutes waiting for a mocking bird that had been flitting around to land to a yucca flower spike. Suddenly a bobcat sauntered across, about 8 m from where I was standing. I was downwind at the time so it didn't notice me until it was out in the open. It turned and watched me. I slowly moved my finger to change the settings on my camera, trying not to make eye contact (I didn't want to scare it away by staring it down). I then took as many photos as I could (5 in the end), I was worried because the light was rapidly disappearing. About 10 seconds later it slunk away into the bushes. This is the only photo that turned out, but understandably I'm totally excited about it!


No comments: