Friday, June 1, 2007

A sunset and a moonrise

Happy June everyone!


Last night the clouds were perfect, so Freya (the new volunteer) and I drove down to the desert to catch a sunset and a full moon rise. Again, I love being down in the desert, its so open, with so many different noises around and a hot wind. The conditions were great for a sunset and I got some good photos. Here are just a few

The Yuccas are in full bloom now. They have flower spikes about 2-3m high and about 1-2ft of the stalk is covered wth flowers.





After the sunset, we weren't really sure what time the moon would rise, but as we were driving back around 7:40 we saw it slowly rise above the mountains. I had neglected to take a tripod with me, so this photo was taken using the roof of a car.


Yep, thats the moon alright.

Hope everyone has a great day!

No comments: